We can provide a wide range of analysis of your fuels and lubricants including the following
GC-MS Analysis for:
- Boiling range
- Identification of volatile contaminants
- Oil pollution [Nordtest]
- Acidic/basic polar components
- Fatty Acid Methyl Ester (FAME) components
Other techniques include:
- Water content by Dean & Stark distillation and IP143 Asphaltenes content.
- Identification of polymeric contaminants by Fourier Transform Infra Red (FTIR)
- Identification of water and FAME in fuels by FTIR
- Identification of solid contaminants and discolouration of fuels e.g yellowing of kerosene and diesel fuel instability.
If you need help with an issue regarding engine oils, edible oils, transformer oils and many others, our technical expert, Dr Marshman (ex MoD, Qinetiq) , can offer consultancy advice and recommend the most appropriate and cost effective analysis programme for your problem.
We will provide an electronic report of our in-house analysis of your oil and even send you a suitable sampling container before-hand.